Thai Sticky Chicken Recipe!
Take 1 kg Chicken, drumsticks and thighs
2 red Chillies
Piece of root Ginger, roughly chopped
5 cloves Garlic, roughly chopped
Coriander (stalks and leaves), roughly torn, plus a few extra leaves to serve
2 tbsp Brown Sugar or white sugar
2 lemons juice only
3 tbsp Fish sauce
3 tbsp Soy Sauce
Green Chillies ( according to one's taste)
Salt (according to one's taste)
1. Using a sharp knife, cut slashes in the chicken drumsticks and thighs and place them in a wide bowl or large food bag.
2. Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend to a rough paste. Then stir in the sugar, lime juice and fish sauce and soy sauce and pour over the chicken, tossing to coat.
3. Cover the bowl with cling film or seal the bag and leave to marinate in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight if possible, tossing occasionally. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
4. Remove the chicken from the fridge about 30–40 minutes before cooking to bring to room temperature. Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade (reserving the marinade) and arrange in a single layer in a roasting tin. Roast in the oven for 35–40 minutes or until the meat is coming away from the bone.
5. Arrange the chicken pieces on a warm serving platter. Pour in the reserved marinade and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon and scraping the sticky bits from the bottom, until thickened and sticky. Pour the sauce over the chicken, scatter with coriander leaves and serve.